Recently I updated my we page and one of the nice features I included on it is the fact a random image is placed in the header for each page. These images are obtained from the great unsplash, a free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos project. As its slogan says, unsplash contains tons of really good images, both by its resolution and the photographies.
To embed the unsplash images in my web site I used the unsplash.it service, its slogan says Beautiful placeholders using images from unsplash.
But what does exactly unsplash.it? Basically it returns images from unsplash project with some steroids.
- Retrieve an image indicating the desired width and height: https://unsplash.it/500/400
- Using a square image: https://unsplash.it/500
- Get a random image: https://unsplash.it/500/400?random
- or maybe grey styled: https://unsplash.it/g/500/400?random
- Obtain a list of available images: https://unsplash.it/list
- And retrieve a given image: https://unsplash.it/500?image=123
- Maybe a bit blured: https://unsplash.it/500?image=123&blur
- And finally, cropping if desired: https://unsplash.it/500?image=123&gravity=east
Yeah !!! unsplash.it is nice service easy and free to use.